Friday, December 24, 2010

The Wonderful Faces of Maria






Wowzah, what an amazing woman Miss Maria Burnham is. I don't even know where to start when describing her wonderful characteristics. I remember the day I met Maria at the hippie house and wondered what it would be like to share a space with her. Lucky for me it turned out to be the most amazing experience of my "roommate life". Living in the basement of that house with Maria and Leilani taught me so much. What incredible women these 2 are.

Maria, our "running" days were and remain to be some of my most cherished memories. I love our connection and understanding. Being able to communicate with someone and not feel judged is, if anything, nearly impossible to find in this day and age, and yet you provided that for me, and you still do. As hard as it was to get up in the dark morning hours on those FREEZING winter mornings, you did it with me every day. Not only were you doing it for you, I know you were doing it for me, you are such a support in my life and I would be simply ungrateful if I didn't express how much that means to me. You have been an incredible pillar of strength through lots of times that were frankly, kinda hard. You are great at making a situation better for everyone, even when (maybe especially when) it is not the most comfortable for you!

I love the many faces of Maria. Your hairstyles, your cute face (with or without glasses), your fun clothes, your classy clothes, (unfortunately I don't have access to my other computer right now which has my most favorite picture of you in purple tights, a grey sweatshirt, a nautical bikini, topped off with a houndstooth hat!) What a perfect friend you have been to me over the years. I love how you love me, I love how you love my husband and accepted him right off, that to me was something that I will ALWAYS be thankful for.

I love you Maria Noelle Burnham and I hope you have a most amazing birthday. You are simply wonderful. I miss you. I am proud of you. You have accomplished so much in your life. I love that this birthday could, but doesn't have a pinata in the snow ;). I LOVE you! HAPPY HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

No comments:

Post a Comment